Frequently Asked Questions Q&A
- What is the difference between seamless and rotary capsules, and their characteristics?
- The manufacturing method is different. Please see here for details of the manufacturing methods.
- How much powdered material can be mixed into the capsules?
- It depends on the properties, type, etc. of the powder, and requires specific considerations for each case. Please contact us for inquiries.
- How much content is required for trial manufacturing?
- To evaluate product feasibility, an amount that enables manufacturing of at least 10,000 capsules would be desirable.
- Is it possible to color the capsules?
- There are many coloring agents available, including statutory coloring matter and natural dyes. Judgment on the availability of the color you have in mind requires consideration in relation to the entire preparation designing. Please consult us for individual cases.
- What are the minimum and maximum sizes available for seamless capsules?
- Capsules with controlled uniform sizes can be manufactured in a range of 2-10 mm. It is possible to manufacture capsules with less than 2 mm, but the size cannot be controlled and will be distributed in a range of 0.5-1.5 mm.
- What are the storage conditions of soft capsules?
(e.g., at what temperature they start to undergo blocking or the film starts to melt)
- The recommended storage temperature is room temperature (around 20-30°C). Capsules start to adhere to each other or the container when stored for a long term under 35°C or more. It is not recommended to store capsules in a refrigerator, as the capsule film tends to become rigid and fragile.